Click to Learn More About:
Youth Volunteer Corps
Saturday Night Madness
Afterschool Adventure Club
Girls’ Volleyball League
Youth Health and Fitness
Little Dribblers Basketball
Youth Basketball League
Junior Boot Camp
Sequential Art Classes
Parents Night Out
Birthday Party at the Y
Youth Volunteer Corps (Ages 11-18)
Youth Volunteer Corps is a network of affiliates hosted by nonprofit organizations, schools, or individuals that offer youth ages 11-18 the opportunity to serve their community. Applications are available at the front desk. For further information please contact: Maria Wykes, YVC Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday Night Madness (Grades 6-8)
Come and be part of the fun! Enjoy basketball, tennis, racquetball, pool, swimming, ping-pong, and other games with kids your age. Join us on the second Saturday of every month from 7:15pm-9:15pm. Pizza and drinks will be served.
- Members – Free
- Non Members – $2
- Jan. 14
- Feb. 11
- March 11
- April 8
- May 13
Teen Center (Ages 12-17)
The only place kids can play pool, foosball, and ping pong, watch TV, play game systems, lounge on couches, eat snacks, and do homework with their friends. The Teen Center is open to teens 12-17 with a three hour limit.
- Hours: Monday – Friday 2:40 – 8:00 pm
Afterschool Adventure Club (K-5th Grade)
We offer a warm, caring environment where children have the opportunity to play with school friends and make new ones. This state-licensed program is directed by an experienced leadership team offering homework assistance, healthy snacks, sports (in and out doors), arts and crafts, games, and swimming. Space limited. Registration ongoing as space allows. MUST PRE-REGISTER.
- Registration Fee: $10
- Member – $50/week
- Program Participant – $55/week
Girls’ Volleyball League (Ages 10-14)
One hour practice per week on either Tuesday or Wednesday; games will be held on Saturday mornings. Practice times/days determined by the coach. Registration period is Feb. 1-28. Runs March 7 – April 18. Team practices once a week on Tuesday from 5:30 – 6:45 pm or 6:45 – 8:00 pm (times determined by the coach; coach will call with practice time on Feb. 28).
- $60 – Member
- $75 – Program Participant
Youth Health and Fitness (Ages 12-14)
All youth ages 10-14 must complete at least four one-hour appointments with a fitness instructor in order to use the Wellness Center. Sessions emphasize safety and alignment. See Front Desk to schedule your appointment.
- Member – $20/4 appointments
- Program Participant – $40/4 appointments
Little Dribblers Basketball (Ages 3-6)
Pre-registration is a MUST
Fundamental program that makes learning fun. Kids will learn the skills of the game through fun and exciting drills and games. Parents are encouraged to participate.
- $45 Member
- $60 Non-Member
- January 11 – February 15
- Ages 3 – 4 Wednesday evenings 5:00 pm – 5:45 pm
- Ages 5 – 6 Wednesday evenings 6:00 pm – 6:45 pm
Half-Pint T-Ball (Ages 3-6)
MUST pre-register by March 28
Learn the fundamental skills of t-ball in a fun and creative environment. This 6-week program promotes sportsmanship, having fun, and being active. Parents are encouraged to participate.
- $40 Member
- $55 Non-Member
- April 4 – May 9
- Ages 3 – 4 Tuesday evenings 5:00 pm – 5:45 pm
- Ages 5 – 6 Tuesday evenings 6:00 pm – 6:45 pm
Youth Basketball League (Ages 6-15)
Be a part of one of the fastest growing sports programs serving Staunton
and Augusta County. This league emphasizes SKILL DEVELOPMENT and FUN!! (6-7 year-old league is co-ed). Registration runs September 5 – October 24. A $10 discount will be given if registered by October 5. Registration is required. Registration period runs September 5 – October 24. Volunteer Coaches Needed.
- $70 – Members
- $85 – Program Participant
- Clinics held on November 1 and 3
- Coaches meeting on November 4
- Games on Saturdays, January 7 – February 25
Gymnastics (Ages 3+)
Our program is progressive, cardio-based, developmental and designed to introduce and teach beginning to intermediate skills in floor, vault, balance beam, and bars. The program enhances fine and gross motor skills using dance and rhythm. (sessions are 6-weeks long). $10 discount will be given if gymnast is registered by the Friday before each session begins. MUST PRE-REGISTER.
- $50 – Member
- $65 – Program Participant
- Jan. 9 – Feb. 13 (register by Jan. 2)
- Feb. 27 – April 3 (register by Feb. 20)
- April 17 – May 22 (register by April 10)
- Preschool (3-4) Mondays, 4:15pm-5:00pm
- Beginners (5+), Mondays, 5:15pm-6:15pm
- *Intermediate (5+), Mondays, 6:30pm-7:30pm
Homeschool PE (Ages 5-12)
Both age groups will include a fun fitness boot camp style session and a mind-body style session. Must have 10 participants per class.
- $45 – Members
- $60 – Program Participant
- Session 1: Ages 5-8 New activity each week Ages 9-12 Team Sports Ages 5 – 8 January 5 – February 9 Thursdays, 10:00 am – 11:30 am Ages 9 -12 January 4 – February 8 Wednesdays, 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
- Session 2: TBD Ages 5 – 8 February 16 – March 23 Thursdays, 10:00 am -11:30 am Ages 9 -12 February 15 – March 22 Wednesdays, 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
- Session 3: Swimming Ages 5-8 April 6 – May 11 Thursdays, 10:00 am -11:30 am Ages 9-12 April 5 – May 10 Wednesdays, 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
NEW!!! Come join us every Tuesday for the fun sport of KNOCKERBALL. Minimum of 7 people must be signed up. 30 minute time limit. Pre-register at the front desk.
- Member: $7
- Non-Member $10
- Tuesdays, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Aikido is the study of active non-resistance. Derived from traditional Japanese martial arts, Aikido emphasizes the development of calmness and confidence in a challenging world. In this class you will learn how to fall gracefully and get up again, and how to blend and redirect an opposing force. Jim Jacenich has taught Aikido for 25 years.
- $50 Member
- $65 Non-Member
- January 8 – March 12 (10 week program)
- Sundays 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm Ages: 16 +
Junior Boot Camp (Ages 12- 16)
Pre-registration is a MUST
This class is for teens looking to gain a better understanding of physical health and to improve upon their physical abilities. The class will include baseline testing, modifications for exercises, individual goal setting and tracking achievements.
- $45 Member
- $60 Non -Member
- January 18 -February 22
- March 8 – April 12
- Wednesdays, 3:15 pm – 4:15 pm
- Studio A (upstairs)
Sequential Art Classes (Ages 12- 15)
Learn the basics of comic book drawing through sketch work. No prior artistic experience is needed to participate. Register by January 11.
- $55 Member
- $65 Non-Member
- January 18 – February 22
- Wednesday, 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Recruiting Center next to YMCA
May 30 – July 28 (dates subject to change due to winter weather)
A safe and exciting alternative for your child this summer. Arts and crafts, sports, swimming, field trips, games, songs, and much more! One-week sessions available; scheduled activities between 8:30am4:30pm, sites will be open from 7:00am-6:00pm, Monday through Friday.
- *NEW* 4/5 year old PK camp! Developmentally appropriate activities, swimming, games, crafts, and more! Held in our Afterschool Adventure Club space next to the YMCA.
Children that have not attended kindergarten, and are age 5, must register for the 4/5 year old PK camp.
Ages 11-14 Teen Camp. Child must be a rising 6th grader.
- May 30 – July 28
- $10 one-time registration fee
- $10 per week non-refundable, non-transferable deposit per child
- $100 per week Member
- $120 per week Non-Member
REGISTRATION OPENS TUESDAY, MARCH 1. Applications for financial assistance – available February 1. Contact Program Director Windsor Vaughn if your child requires any special accommodations.
Child Watch/Playroom (Ages 3 months-11)
You don’t have to worry about your children wanting to come to the YMCA while you work out. In fact you may get tired of them asking you to take them to the YMCA’s Child Watch area, open to children ages 3 months through 11 years. You can leave them in good hands and let them experience fun the Y’s way. Our playroom offers a wide variety of activities including a 20-foot high Play Place. The staff is training in Infant/Child CPR and First Aid. See the monthly schedule for open times.
- YMCA Family Members – FREE!
- Other Members – $2/child/visit
- Program Participants – $10/child/visit
Parents Night Out (Ages 5-11)
Parent’s Night Out is a safe and fun environment for kids ages 5-11 to play, while parents enjoy a quiet evening to themselves or an evening out on the town. Pizza and drinks are provided as well as lots of fun! This program is supervised by trained staff. Child/ren must be signed in by 6:00pm. Pre-register at the Front Desk by the Monday before the scheduled date. Activities may include swimming, x-box, wii, and crafts. Life jackets and bubbles provided for non-swimmers. MINIMUM of 6 needed to hold event.
- Members – $12/night/child
- Program Participants – $17/night/child
- Jan. 13: 5:30-8:45pm
- Feb. 10: 5:30-8:45pm
- March 10: 5:30-8:45pm
- April 7: 5:30-8:45pm
- May 12: 5:30-8:45pm
Birthday Party at the Y!
Available times on Friday evenings, Saturday and Sunday afternoons.
Please reserve early (at least one week notice required). Includes teeshirt for birthday child, 1-hour celebration in private room with pizza, cake, drinks, set-up and clean-up. YMCA Character Development
Theme with red, yellow, blue, and green used for cake and decorations
(limited to 25 children and adults). *No specialty cakes.
Pool Party Package includes 1-hour swimming.
Play Place Package includes 45-minutes in Play Place.
- $50 non-refundable deposit required to book party
- $150 Family Members
- $200 All Others